To Blog or Not To Blog, That Is The Question?
Updated: Nov 18, 2018
I should be in bed. Or more accurately I should be getting ready to go to a midnight screening of the new Fantastic Beasts film to review on tomorrows radio show. Frankly I can't be arsed. It seemed like a good idea when I booked my tickets but midnight screenings really are a younger mans game. Unless it's got "Star" or "Wars" in the title. I can handle feeling like a bag of smashed arseholes for that.
Anyway, to the point. I have been pouring the contents of my head out into my Facebook feed for a while and I've had some lovely feedback, encouraging words and good vibes from lovely people that I know, most of whom I rarely see in person. I wasn't really sure what to do with it further than that, I am really enjoying writing my thoughts down but realise that if we are casual friends on social media stuff me talking about the death of my dad, the decline of my physical health and how I am unable to do the one thing that I've always done in my life, play music, this may all be a bit scary. So here my thoughts will live and you are most welcome to them if it takes your interest. If not that's fine too.
A few guidelines though before we get to know each other better.
- I am not a writer. I write stuff down. There is a difference. I don't read much so I don't draw from a huge wealth of styles, I haven't done an English degree or similar. I just have 41 years of life behind me, some good, some bad and I am enjoying writing about my thoughts and experience. I hope that you will get something out of reading them.
- I will swear a bit. Not all the time, not as much as I sometimes do in real life but one of my own aims is not to go back an edit these posts to death. I may not always read them back at all. So if the odd swear gets in there so be it.
- You have the right to be offended. I also have the right to not really give too much thought to that. As long as we're still friends by the end of this then that's OK.
- I'd welcome feedback, thoughts, comments, tales of your own experiences. Don't be shy.
- For now I'm happy to be Papa Bear. I don't need to use my real name so for now I won't. My kids & good lady wife will get nicknames for this blog as time goes on. And I will rarely, if ever, post pics of real people. Expect a lot of Lego versions instead. That way I'm not bringing anyone into this without running it by them first, our 3 eldest ones in particular, as they're getting older they may well not want to feature. Miserable little gits.
So here we are, my first post, out there in the world for all to see, probably for most to ignore. But that's OK. I should thank those that gave me the kick up the arse to do this, for better or worse, you know who you are and it's all your fault.